Sunday 4 April 2010

Holidays are coming ....

April is upon us which means one thing for me - my birthday! It's been a tough couple of months with stress at work, stress at home and moving flat being a much bigger job than I had ever imagined. I am very much in need of a holiday and there is no better time than my birthday to sneak off for an early spring/summer break.

Ibiza is the location in mind, just before the parties season starts, a relaxed, chilled out vibe on the white isle with plenty of time to explore without the pressure to party! With each holiday, I try and reduce my luggage more and more, I am determined to become a savvy traveller without the need for 12 pairs of shoes, 8 pairs of sunglasses and a bikini (sometimes 2) for every day of the holiday! My biggest problem is packing too many outfit combos ... I need to learn to pack versatile clothes that can transfer easily from day to night.

My holiday isn't far off, only a few weeks away so I need to get organised and be as sensible with my packing as I can. Here are a few things I am thinking of packing for my holiday. These will provide me with the essentials I need for day and night time dressing.



* This American Retro dress is amazingly only £84 from £210 on theOutnet.com. It is a perfect day to night dress. It's perfect to throw on over your bikini after a day at the beach but equally cool enough to wear at night bar hopping.

* The sandals are Juicy Couture and are the perfect style of gladiator sandal for this dress. On holiday I find it hard to wear heels so these can be worn day and night, see I'm already saving space (and large luggage fees).

* I really wish I could stick to one pair of sunglasses on holiday but I just can't. My favourite sunnies are aviators like these Carrera's, they are my preference for daytime but late afternoon or a vino fuelled late lunch calls for something more sophisticated like these Nina Ricci oversized sunnies.

* My hair needs protecting during the day so a trilby will do the trick... keeping my hair neatly tucked away from the drying rays of the Sun.

* This Antik Batik bag is just gorgeous and is perfect for all the essentials - suncream, ipod, phone, money.

These are going to be added to my neverending list for theOutnet.com birthday £1 sale on April 16th however with the prices as good as they are - especially the dress - I may just put in an early order!

If you want to be part of theOutnet birthday celebrations just click HERE to RSVP by registering to the site. Then on April 16th you will have your pick of Designer goodies for £1 - Remember it is one day only and also one item per person due to the demand so be a savvy shopper!

What are your Beach holiday essentials?

x

7 comments:

  1. I like the yellow sunnies, they're nice.

    You get commission for every person that signs up The Outnet and buys something in the sale, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh nice one! I RSVP'ed, I receive their emails but they always go straight to my trash can. You just KNOW the site is gonna crash the morning of the sale though. I bet I won't get a look in!! Arrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ibiza.. whit whoo you lucky gal you!!!
    All those items are just gorgeous, love the sandals especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you see the items that will be in the £1 sale before it takes place?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rhamnousia No, unfortunately you won't be able to see that although there are going to be 'thousands' of items marked down - this is why I am picking out my fave things to keep an eye on on the 16th.

    By registering for the sale though, you also enter yourself into a draw with the prize being a preview of the sale items and the chance to use the skills of an Outnet.com stylist to buy 5 items for £5! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you put together :) Can you organise my holiday wardrobe please? I love Ibiza, kinda gutted that I'm not going this year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @SparklesandLipgloss I am so much better at putting a wardrobe together for someone else than myself so you can do mine and i will do yours ha ha! xx

    ReplyDelete