Monday 7 February 2011

A bewitching new lippie

I have been dying to blog about my new lipstick since I bought it a couple of weeks ago and had hoped I could get some good photos for you to drool over.  Alas, time has been precious these past few weeks and with a busy work schedule it's been difficult to capture the beauty of this wondrous new shade in my collection.

Max Factor Colour Collections lipstick aim to target their colour range at specific skintones, fair, medium or dark.  I chose a medium collection lipstick ... Bewitching Coral.   I have been whipping out the summer brights already in an attempt to bring a bit of sunshine into my dreary, wet and cold days and this is definitely going to be one of my summer staples.




It is a gorgeous bright pinky coral that really illuminates skin.  It definitely suits better with a tan and is very longwearing.  The texture feels wonderfully moist on the lips and glides across my smackers giving a smooth colour blocked finish.

It was so hard to pick up this shade in photos and admittedly these are very bad quality (quick iphone pics).  This 'face of the night' was taken before a night out .... where I teamed Max Factor bewitching coral with a gorgeous The Body Shop sparkle liner in gold.  I applied it on my lower lashline and winged it out under my regular liner.  I think this eyeliner may be a seasonal item only as I can no longer find it on their website.  I hastily applied my make up so it is a bit messy but I really love this look and hope to recreate it again with a little more finesse.

This was one of my first Max Factor purchases in a longtime, the last time I purchased I think it was their Lasting Performance foundation when i was 15!!  I would definitely re-purchase these lippies and for around £7-8 they are quite good value ... plus they are currently on a 3 for 2 offer at Boots :)

Has anyone tried the Max Factor Colour Collection lipsticks?  What's your favourite?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any but will do now! This colour is divine, it looks stunning on you!
    xxx
    lilaloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really, really nice colour!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lipstick colour is fabulous but what I have my beadies on is that gold liner from the body shop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lipstick color is lovely, I love it! I've been dying to find a coral lipstick, too crap this brand is not sold in France!

    Amélie
    http://so-girly.over-blog.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lipstick is gorgeous!
    Loving coral lipsticks and blush at the moment!

    Laura xx
    www.laurajeangriffiths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous colour on you!

    Please check out my blog

    www.sugarpuf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both swatches look amazing and your FOTN is gorgeous!!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete