Thursday 10 February 2011

Hello Lover ...

Often I have shared a moan or three or four about my laptop woes and how badly I needed a new one.

After researching many laptops including the Dell Inspiron which was a front runner at one point, my heart still leapt everytime I wandered into the Apple store and had a play about on one of their many design led, super functional computers.

Well after many visits to the store and years of dealing with a chanky old laptop, my partner in life and crime came back from the US this week brandishing a spanking new, glossy white, delightfully intriguing and in full working order, Macbook.

I have even attempted to watermark my photo thanks to my new laptop
... miserable fail though.  Advice appreciated! :) 
Literally after minutes playing with my new macbook I knew this was it - my life had changed forever ;)

Sounds extreme but it's a wee bit true.

You see my old laptop would crash 3 or 4 times in an evening.  It took hours to upload photos, save images, check emails, write blogposts ... the list goes on.  Replying to emails was so difficult on the old laptop, many went ignored.  Don't even get me started on how hard it was to view other blogs or comment on them.  A simple blog comment could take up to half an hour to execute.  YouTube wasn't even an option.

Now if I want to blog on an evening, I can come home, fire up the Macbook and I could very easily be done in a half hour or so .... plenty time to pamper myself, read a book, meet friends, watch a movie or dare i say it, tidy my flat!

I am so stupidly excited about the delights of my new laptop I almost don't know what to do with myself or it.  Already I have taken to twitter for advice on the unconventional keyboard and tonight I think I will get my head into the instruction manual.

Geek out!

x

5 comments:

  1. Oh god I have had my MacBook nearly a year and I am useless - I don't know how to watermark images!! I will be keeping a close eye on this blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you, i frequently want to throw my stupid laptop out of the 'beeping' window! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you. Its so annoying when your computer is dying. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dollface I haven't been able to do it since this post - can't remember how! ha ha i definitely need to get the user manual out ;) xx

    @Karen oh i am so glad that feeling is behind me - I feel your pain xx

    ReplyDelete