Monday 28 February 2011

LFW OOTD FYI

Us bloggers are a fan of acronyms especially when it comes to events like London Fashion Week.  I guess it does make tweeting a heck of a lot easier but nonetheless confusing when I haven't a clue what it means.

LOL, BRB, OMG, FML, anyone?!  Anyway I am getting there with twitter speak ...

While in London I had grand plans of doing an outfit post everyday.  I ended up only fitting one in with the lovely Ann as my photographer extraordinaire.  I will recreate the other outfits I wore (seeing as these days I like to get as much use out of my clothes as I can) and post them in the near future.

Here is what I wore on the day we went to see Christopher Kane and another billion people.

This outfit turned out a lot different to how I expected and it's a shame I only have a photo with my jacket on as I loved the dress I had underneath.

I have many smug faces ... here are a couple.

My dress is from Cos and is a little like a wrap dress come waistcoat.  I belted it with a brown pleated belt from urban outfitters, opaque black tights and my comfy black dune wedge boots.  My plan was to wear my new Nicole Farhi orange platforms but they just didn't feel right that morning and I knew my wedges would be a lot easier to dash around in.  

London was so cold last weekend I teamed with my trust H&M fur stole and leather jacket from Mango.  My oversized clutch was also a mango purchase.  I can't say I was best pleased with this outfit but it was fairly simple and understated ... in other words, a tad boring.  

I went for a simple make up look and strong lip although I look a litte too tan.  My lip colour was a mix of The Body Shops cherry sparkle and MAC's Vegas Volt.  

Now I really didn't mean to look so smug in these photos, I think the false lash extensions I had on made my eyes look heavy and lazy adding to the pompous expression ... promise!  Even though I was feeling a little self righteous about bagging some seats to one of the best shows in town! :)

More OOTD to come soon, time has been of the essence lately but I can assure you I will be boring you with outfit posts shortly.

x

3 comments:

  1. I really like this outfit it suits you and is understated in a good way. Orange shoes would have added a pop of colour but comfy shoes is key for LFW took 3 pairs of heels with me but ended up wearing the same leopard print flats every day - soo much walking !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your outfit is lovely, it's not boring just sophisticated :) and your bag is BEAUTIFUL!
    Plus you don't look too tan, we've all seen the dayglo orange people, you're certainly not one of them :P
    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! I'd love to see that bag close up x

    ReplyDelete