Monday 7 February 2011

Saskia the Style Fairy

You may have noticed a few changes on this blog in recent weeks, one of which is a makeover of Gok proportions.  Ideally this should have coincided with my 2 year bloggiversary but that was at the end of January so I am a few weeks late.

I created a gorgeous header fit for my taste featuring a wonderful Garance Dore illustration.  A few people have asked how I created the header, I did it through Polyvore where you can literally make up scrapbook upon scrapbook of anything fashion or beauty related and store it all online in your own wee space.  I have used it a lot in the past for creating sets to show you different outfit combinations but it was great for creating a unique identity for my blog.

My inspiration?  Magazines.  I am an obsessed reader and avid collector of magazines, from interiors to fashion and sometimes the odd gossip mag.  Of course, blogs are now taking over my workld and my little space on the interweb is my own amateur attempt at conveying to you what I would like to read and also what I think might interest those who read the thoughts, opinions and ramblings of a real life enthusiast and consumer of some of the finer things in life.  Therefore, it is like my blogs own front cover.

I also created some little widget images for twitter, bloglovin' and my email.  If you want to copy any of these widgets, all I ask is that you credit me on your blog. 

Along with the aesthetic change, I have also ... (at long last) ... purchased my own domain name.  In fact, I purchased 2 ... a dot com and a dot co dot uk.  Unfortunately the dot com was a bit of a nightmare to deal with (as some twitter friends will know) so from now on you can access this blog using http://www.saskiathestylefairy.co.uk.  Of course if you enter via the blogspot address, it will redirect you.

I have removed the 'salsa' from my blog name.  It was the title of a childrens book so that can get confusing when trying to google this blog nevermind the fact I don't know how to salsa ... but i do quite like to eat it ... with doritos preferably. all class!!  My posts are beauty, fashion, interior and in general ... lifestyle related ... put them all in a pot and I am really discussing my style, who I am, what I like and what I would recommend and rate ... therefore saskia the style fairy seemed more fitting. 

I have also added some tabs/pages at the top of my blog which are subject to change but most importantly I will be adding a blog roll/page very soon to credit and give you insight into the blogs that interest, intrigue and inspire me on a daily basis.

So I hope you all like the changes, I hope it makes reading/viewing the blog easier and a more pleasant experience :) 

x

3 comments:

  1. I love the new look of the blog, especially the little tabs at the top - I try and put em on and only one goes up and I have no idea what to do next... technologically challenged.

    Anyhoo, thanks for your comment pal, the necklace is from Gwendelicious - http://fortyfoursunsets44.blogspot.com/2010/11/etsy-spotlight.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the changes hun, I liked it before too. I'm a massive magazine fan too much to my bf's distate! I've caught him reading my closer a few times though! lol xx

    http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the polyvore thing for my banner but how do you make it bigger? Help! I've gone and deleted my old one now as well and i'm crap with photoshop

    ReplyDelete