Wednesday 16 February 2011

Style Crush: Kate Lanphear

Kate Lanphear first came to my attention a few months ago when I was catching up with fashion week coverage online.  I was captivated by images of her at various fashion weeks usually looking a little moody and rebellious, utterly compelling and super stylish.


I wasn't surprised then to find out she is the Style Director for Elle US.  With her platinum blonde crop and tall lean figure, Kate strikes a powerful and intimidating figure, usually dressed in her trademark elegantly masculine style.

Part androgynous part glamorous, Kate's style is very specific with a mixture of fine tailoring and a monochromatic colour palette.   Accessorising with chains and studs there is more than a hint of punk to her style.

Unfortunately for me, Kate's style is something that I just can't pull off but her simple and effective style choices can inspire my own wardrobe preferences.  I think her effortless chic image is a reminder that sometimes less is more.

x

3 comments:

  1. I love her style too - oh to be able to just chuck on a white t over black skinnies and look THAT hot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye it would never happen for me. I'd look like i just stumbled out of 'the scheme' ... some people can just work it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, awesome style icon - and hair I could maybe steal! heh, ahem - cause I need another new colour ;)

    def food for thought here though

    a x
    www.girlinthecityglasgow

    ReplyDelete