Friday 18 February 2011

Bravissimo fitting

I often feel I have been cursed with curves ... being a big busted girl isn't nearly as glamorous or sexy as you might think it should be.

Buying clothes isn't always as fun as i'd like it to be.  The styles and shapes I covet usually turn my silhouette into the atrocity that is a big boobed oompa loompa leaving me feeling frumpy and less than fashionable.  I have to pick my garments carefully ensuring my puppies are well secured indoors and flattering on the eye.

Of course, the best helping hand in this situation is well fitting underwear.  Something I know the importance of only too well.  At 17, my sister got a little bit happy with the measuring tape and declared my bust an ample 36C.  Six years later at an impromptu trip to an underwear store, the lady assistant simply eyed me up and guffawed at my ill fitting boulder holder ... a 32F she announced and bounced off to fetch me some bras.  I didn't believe her and her beady eyes so off I went to another 5 shops that day who all confirmed that yes, I was a 32F.  Quelle Horreur!

So it seems that the measuring tape is no longer the apparatus of accuracy it once was when it comes to getting your funbags fitted.  It's not only important to make sure you are properly fitted but also to keep a check on it regularly as our bodies and shapes can change as I was about to find out.

Bravissimo offered me a shot of their free fitting service this week so there was no time like the present to check my sizing.  Now all this eyeing up and boob watching might sound a bit daunting but really it couldn't be further from the truth.

At Bravissimo they have a separate fitting area where the girls there measure up mammaries all day long.  I was introduced to Zoe my 'fitter' who instantly made me feel at ease.  Zoe was warm, chatty and very respectful of my needs making sure to ask if I needed help in and out of bras or if I preferred her to leave while I changed.  In the end I was jingle jangling in front of Zoe with gay abandon (not literally).  I didn't feel the need to shy away and believe me I do not bare my bewbs for anyone!

So Zoe had a good look at the bra I was wearing (no need to bare all), she had a feel around the back of my bra and made sure to check both bosoms were securely in their cups.  There was a slight bulging so in the end it was decided I must go up another cup size.  G for Ginormous!! ooofft!  Zoe asked me what styles of bra I was interested in trying so I asked to try some strapless.  I was brought some fantastically fitting strapless bras but none to my liking so I sent Zoe on another trip for some colourful bras ... she toddled back with a huge selection ... still undecided I asked to try some basques and again Zoe cheerfully picked me a few options to try from.

I certainly gave Zoe the runaround but she made sure she listened to everything I asked for and nothing was a problem.  In the end I chose a beautiful burlesque style balcony bra courtesy of Bravissimo as a thank you for trying out the service.

Zoe told me about the extensive training the Bravissimo girls go through before they are let loose on their own with customers.  They are also trained to fit different styles of bras from sports to maternity as these usually size a little differently to our normal everyday bras.

I would recommend Bravissimo for fittings for any size lady, their dedicated staff and so well versed in fitting and it's clear they go through a strict training regime before they qualify for the role.  In the store itself, it not only stocks bras but there is a wide selection of swimwear and now clothing which is featured in abundance in store.  For D cups and up, Bravissimo is a good choice for bra shopping but may not carry the ranges desired for the petite ladies.

I was fitted at Bravissimo in Ingram Street, Glasgow.  You can contact them by phone on 0845 408 1909 to arrange a fitting or on the day appointments instore.


x

8 comments:

  1. Sounds great. Wish i was closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to get measured iv been wearing a 34D for 6 years : / often have double boobage too *flattering*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bravissimo :D As a 34GG I know exactly what you mean about problems with clothes!!

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like what I need, I'm pretty sure I'm wearing the wrong size! got not idea, babies have left me 'hanging' in the balance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have just reminded me I need to go back and get re-measured. it's so much better when you're properly fitted, i was wearing a 34D and turned out to be a 30FF...how wrong i was! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wearing a 32FF for the last few months but also think I need to get measured as I think it is getting too small. I do like to get measured almost everytime I buy a bra as I think sizes vary in different stores, might need to check out bravisimo as sometimes larger sizes can be harder to find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love Bravissimo and as a 28 or 30 band depending on style it is great for an actual shop to stock these band sizes, but the prices are insane! I have to admit trying them on their and buying them from ebay a lot of the time as I £30+ for one bra is ridiculous when you can get a 34d from a regular shop for a tenner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Bravissimo, i'm a 34G and i agree with you, having big boobs is a total pain most of the time.
    The worst fitting i ever had was in Debenhams when i was pregnant, she tried putting me in 40 back and said it was fine, you could have got someone else in the bra with me!

    ReplyDelete