Sunday 16 January 2011

An affordable Mulberry alternative

Everyone has been going crazy for the Mulberry Alexa for what feels like forever now however with a price reaching into the hundreds it's not the most accessible or realistic option when it comes to a bag purchase.

I happened to be having a wee browse in Zara yesterday ... I say a wee browse but it turned into a full on sale success when I came away 3 dresses, a top and a bag later.  Anyway, I came across a bag that was not unlike the Alexa but was still had the Zara touch so not to be an exact copy.

I don't believe it was a sale item but it did have a 'Special Price' tag attached to it.  I am not sure if this is a new thing in Zara as I have never noticed it before but certain items seem to have these tags and true to it's word, is usually a reasonable priced item.

Anyway, there was the bag seducing me with a price tag of £19.99.  Bargaintastic if I do say so myself.  Now I know that New Look and even Primark had Alexa look-a-likes in store but with a Zara bag, from experience, I believe you are guaranteed quality and something a little sturdier than budget offerings.

So here it is in all it's glory.  The Glasgow store where I purchased it only had one colour this dark tan shade so I don't know if other colours are available.  There is pleated/woven detailing on the straps and on the inside rim and lots of handy little pockets inside which is always a must for me.  I tend to lose things when a bag is just one big pocket in itself.

What do you think?  A reasonable alternative to the Alexa?

x

8 comments:

  1. i love Zara and got quite a few awesome bargains in the sale myself. also a bag. but mine is like dark red brown... anyway. this one is super cute! i haven't seen it here in the shops yet though
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Definitely a match for the alexa!
    I have just discovered your blog it's fabulous!
    Xxxx
    www.lilaloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really lovely! although i can't help but love the roxanne's more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bag and a bargain but to me it;s nothing like the Alexa bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorge bag! Wish I could buy it here in Denmark.... :-D

    Maria

    http://alittlebitofeverything25.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kat-face I love Zara for bags, even better when they are on sale :) xx

    @Lila Loves Thank you - glad you've found my blog! :) xx

    @Kerry-Marie I have to agree with you I prefer the Roxanne too xx

    @Anonymous You are right it isn't an exact copy of dupe, simply an alternative due to it's similar shape and design xx

    @Music Fashion Clutter ha ha i try my best! xx

    @Maria I bet you could find an equally lovely bag in Denmark, I have heard you have some great shops :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh i love the bag. All of a sudden i feel the need to go to zara... lol :)

    ReplyDelete