Friday 14 January 2011

Eat my shorts!

Today was the first day I ventured out the house in 2011!! Shocking I know.  I went to see the doctor who gave me some meds so I should be back to normality very soon, thank goodness!  I have been feeling so poorly that I have spent most of the last fortnight in the bed or all cosied up on the couch. 

It seems I had been cooped up so long I forgot how cold it was outside and I inappropriately dressed for springtime.  I went out wearing only a mac over this ensemble which left me shivering all the way to the train station.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to see my hair fairy and I really hope she works some magic as my hair is starting to look very flat and tired.  I am still clueless as to what I will ask for but I just want my hair to look and feel full and healthy again.


A very angelic but  accidental pose!!
Action!! ;p


Top: H&M; Bubble shorts: Cos; Opaque tights: Marks & Spencers; Wedge boots: Dune; Leopard print scarf: Warehouse; Lady bag: Sisley; Belt: Urban Outfitters; Hat: Vintage

You can see I have really been working on my catalogue posing ;p

I am not so sure about these Cos shorts.  I bought them ages ago in their sale but I don't think the shape is the most flattering for a curvy girl like me, nor does the high waist do me any favours.  I have been determined to get some wear out of them though and I do quite like how they almost look like a skirt.

Also stripes shouldn't really work well with my chi-chi's as they are quite an ample size but I think as long as you buy the right size so that the stripe doesn't stretch or mis-shape too much you can easily get away with it.  I also believe it's dependant on the size of the stripe, anything too thin or too thick probably wouldn't work for me.

I kept my accessories and make up to a minimum with a couple of gold Topshop rings, my swatch watch and studded leather bange and my rose gold mulberry bracelet.  Make up was just basic foundation, blush, eyeliner, mascara, gloss although I did work heavily with the bronzer to make me look a little healthier than what I feel. 

Again I have gone against the 'rule' book (whoever wrote that so called rule book anyway??) and mixed black with brown with beige/camel ... and I love it! I do think these colours teamed together (in the right way) look chic and classic.

Anyway it's Friday - everyone have a fun weekend! :)

x

9 comments:

  1. goorgeous look! can't wait to see what she does with your hair x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous missus, and most excellent hat.

    love the new header btw

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely as ever - you're right about those colours working together. I've got that top in white with navy stripes, I like the little stud thingys on the cuffs/shoulder. Hope to see som piccies of you new do soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat, hope the hair fairy made you hair all fab n glossy!

    Hope you feel much better soon, I have a rotten cold it sucks :( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get better soon! The outfit is great, very chic and Parisian with the breton top and shorts, lovely!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look!!

    Enter my £50 shoe voucher giveaway just click here for details ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is lush! Loving your hat, I'm a massive fan of those hats but I haven't had the guts to get one.

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hat suits you! I've got that W'hse scarf - move over LV! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are rocking this look! Wow i really like it
    Loving seeing your OOTDs :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete