Tuesday 11 January 2011

You're the boss, applesauce ...

Its nearly day 10 of my flu and I'm only just starting to feel better! I can't wait to get back some kind of normality, get out and about, book some gym classes and just feel like a functioning human being again. I haven't even seen 2011 yet apart from through a window.

Since I still haven't been feeling 100% I have been going for easy casual outfits that are comfy to lounge about it. It's actually felt great to be out of pyjamas for a change.

I had a bit of a nightmare trying to photograph this look too hence the crazy posing and blurred shots. My camera is so awful but if things go to plan I hould have a new one by the end of the month. I am looking to buy a DSLR but also need a new digital compacy ... oh, and a new laptop but one piece of technology at a time, eh? Any camera recommendations would be greatly appreciated though.
My best 'ard boy impression ;)
Top from Boy London at Urban Outfitters. This was a present from my husband knowing my love for Warhol's work. The snood was to help comfort my sore throat (which has absolutely killed all week) and is from a store called Dom in Berlin. Dom is a quirky interiors store but also has some jewellery and occasionally some items of clothing. The leather trousers are River Island and are surprisingly comfy. Jewellery was just a few bracelets and rings thrown on from what I could find lying around.
Make up was pretty simple since this is probably the first time in over a week I have applied any. Some Rituals foundation with Nars Laguna Bronzer and Orgasm blush and a slick of frambroise juicy tube was enough. I made myself look half alive with a flick of Shu Uemura liner and mascara.

My hair is still 'ombre'd' in these pics and I am supposed to be getting it redone at the weekend however I have had a change of heart and may go for an all over dye again ... I just can't decide. I just don't see any hairstyles or colours that really appeal to me at the moment.

Do you have any hair suggestions I could consider?

x

13 comments:

  1. Love this look, casual without being boring. What shoes do you put on with those trousers? Also, are you quite tall? I'm oly 5' and although I love those big chunky snoods and scarfs, I sometimes feel that they drown me and make me look like a little munchkin ;) I actually love your hair as it is - a nice length to wear up or down. Maybe work the ombre just a little while longer? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great saskia! :) i loved your hair when it was redder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great look am loving your outfit posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the jewellery, where is the black beaded cuff style bracelet from and the 2 rings?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MissisG I am not tall, only abou 5'4 ... i either wear black wedge heels/boots with these or sky high sandals ... occasionally i've worn flat pumps with them. I think the soft material of this snood and the way it hangs helps it not drown me ... it's not too stuffy feeling if you know what I mean? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kerrymarie Thanks :) yes i think i am veering toward the red again xx

    @Av Thanks Av! Hope you and your bubbas are doing well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @littlemissmakeup The black beaded cuff came from a little boutique in Barcelona about 5 years ago but i have seen similar in the likes of Topshop/Miss Selfridge from time to time. The blue ring is from a market in Egypt and the clear skull ring is Vivienne Westwood xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. u are so cute!! I love your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue ring!

    kisses
    G
    visit my blog if you like:www.littlemissrosebow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new blog header and everything else looks fab - good work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @WeShop Ah thank you - that means a lot knowing that you are a bit of a whizz at these things xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better soon lovely but you look better than most of us do at full capacity! I have those leather trousers too and they are so comfy, I love them. Great outfit post.

    Carol x
    www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that top!! I am liking seeing more outfit posts on your blog :o)

    http://live-laugh-love-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete