Thursday 13 January 2011

NOTD: Dior Mandarin Orange

One of my Christmas treats was some Dior make up and specifically this nail lacquer. I haven't really experimented with Dior at all other than mascara and an eyeshadow palette a few years ago. I'm not sure why but as a make up brand it's just never on my radar.

I was given nail lacquer in the shade Mandarin Orange - a lovely peachy orange with gold flecks throughout, perfect for a spring/summer colour palette.
In natural light

The texture and consistency of this polish is a little different to others, it's ever so slightly gungey or goo-ey. I'm not sure I liked this so much as it didn't feel so smooth on application.
In direct sunlight

The brush is also quite thick and slightly tapered. I guess the ergonomic design of the brush is supposed to make application easier but for me it made it a little awkward and my nails ended up a bit messy.
Tapered brush

One application of this polish was too sheer for me and it took 3 coats before I was happy with it.

Despite this, the colour is just lovely and after 3 days there is no chipping at all!  The lasting quality of the polish has made me want to investigate further into Dior nail colours and the rest of their cosmetic line.

What Dior products would you recommend?

x

3 comments:

  1. lovely lovely color! :)

    Raech
    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dior have recently reformulated all of their polishes and also added in the new brush. I like the brish as I have massive nails but I can see why its messy to work with.

    This is a really lovely shade though - I'm craving brights at the moment thanks to dreary old January.

    ReplyDelete