Thursday 6 January 2011

I like a woman who's got some balls ...

Another party look for you - this time for a surprise birthday party.

My favourite colour is navy and i think there is nothing that compliments it as well as black. A long time ago someone told me I should NEVER pair the 2 colours together but I have gone against their (not so good advice) many a time and love it.

Navy dress/top:Primark; Black faux leather skirt; Miss Selfridge; Navy suedette boots: Stradivarius
Accessories as usual for me were statement pieces with a pewter coloured metal ball necklace and bracelet from Mango along with my Vivienne Westwood skull ring and a hand crafted silver ring from a Thai workshop in Chiang Mai. I chose to wear my Mango moc croc bag again, it just seems to go with everything and is such a great size for fitting in my make up, phone, purse, perfume, hankies, anti bacterial spray .... la la la the list is endless!

I have a wardrobe overflowing with bags, shoes, clothes but when it comes to dressing up to go out I always seem to go for the same fail safe items. Maybe doing regular OOTD posts will help me mix it up a bit.

x

9 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, you look gorgeous. You have the most fabulous accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning, totally rock this look. I can't believe that top is from Primark, t'is gorgeous :).
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bag - actually, who am I kidding? I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! Love the necklace! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love navy and black together...looks super chic even though it's a supposed no-no! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the navy and black work really well! I have also heard that rule about not wearing the two together but find it best to ignore these rules!

    I have just awarded you the Stylish Blogger award! To check it out take a look here and don't forget to forward onto your favourite blogs!

    http://janacameron-paintmebeautiful.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-blogger-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is the first proper time I've had to catch up on blogs since before Christmas - I've seen you tweeting about your outfit posts but hadn't been able to have a look until now...just had a nosey through your previous ones and I love them. The black leather skirt is gorgeous, and I especially love your New Year outfit. You're so foxy! I really hope you keep these up as you've given me lots of ideas and your style is right up my street. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous as usual! Can you please tell me where you got your Vivienne Westwood Skull ring from? I have been looking for ages and I cant find it anywhere!
    Love your blog more OOTD's!!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Janaina Hi thank you so much for that, thats so kind of you - nice to know that others enjoy reading my blog :) xx

    @MissisG Aw thank you ... I plan to keep em coming so would love your feedback on them xx

    @pinkangelbabe Thank you :) the VW ring was from the VW store in Glasgow ... I have a feeling it was limited edition though - I think I got it last April xx

    ReplyDelete