Monday 3 January 2011

She wears a short black leather skirt

Over the festive period, I hardly think there was a night that I didn't have a party to go to or a gathering to attend. Needless to say my liver will need some time to recover as will my muffin top.

A small gathering at my place called for a relaxed glamour that included leather (naturally) and sequins.
Sequin Tee: French Connection (sales purchase); Faux Leather Skirt: Miss Selfridge; Black suedette wedge heels: New Look; French Moustache necklace: Cherry Loco (as seen in a previous post)
Accessories were simple again, once I was a bit of a magpie but I have toned down my costume jewellery in fear of looking a little bit tacky ... of course, a bit of tack can be good in small doses though. I stuck to a couple of bangles and my gorgeous new turquoise ring which was purchased recently in Egypt. It has become my replacement for the YSL ring since I decided not to buy it.
My make up look has been quite samey for the last wee while, as mentioned in my favourites post I have stuck to the Estee Lauder Extravagant Gold palette and this night was no different. I used the bronze shade from the palette all over and the darker brown to add definition and pearlised shade for highlight. I added MAC lashes in no.34 ... wow, are these impact lashes ... pretty full on while remaining demure at the same time.
Illamasqua Erzule was added to Nars Laguna to create another bronzed cheek and MACs Sun & Moon as blush, this time with MACs Belightful to highlight. A simple lipgloss again with Estee Lauders Extravagant Ruby pure colour gloss.
Again, I had my hair in a top bun ... it's the easiest hairstyle to pull off when you are out as many nights on the trot ... no fussing or overstyling although I am looking forward to letting the hair down again.

x

17 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your outfit posts, you have impeccable style! Gorgeous, especially love the wedges. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit post! Your skin looks amazing in these pictures, what foundation are you wearing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leather skirt. I've always gone for pencil ones, but this skater style is fab. Love the whole look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Loveaudrey oh thank you so much - i don't always manage to get it right but hopefully you will like the other ootd posts i have coming up too. P.s wedges are New Look, total bargain and super comfy xx

    @Doma-Nikki Thank you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous ah thank you - my skin isn't the best to be honest but the foundation i used is Rituals Precious Foundation. I blogged about it here
    http://saskiathesalsafairy.blogspot.com/2009/10/rituals-precious-foundation.html

    I usually only wear it on summer hols but have been loving it this winter xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @WeShop Thank you :) you know i would always go for the pencil too but took a chance on this shape and really like it although it feels a tiny bit roomy ... which is nothing to do with me losing weight - think Miss S must make them a little bigger xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit!
    You are beautiful!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, it has to be said... i think you are my new girl crush. looking fab AGAIN! I am officially appointing you as my style guru

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with millmollmac... I have a major girl crush on you now!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wedges!

    Are they comfortable?

    I bought some horribly uncomfortable patent ones from Clarks (the only nice thing I've ever found there) a year ago & have one them once.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous outfits but i like that gorgeous bangle the most. your beautiful eyes speaks lots of thing in this post.Thanks for sharing this post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely Saskia, I love the lashes and the top and wedges are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Ditzymakeup aw thank you - i think i just managed to get good enough pics, i don't always look like this ;) xx

    @MillMollMac @Amrita LMAO! you guys are too funny but i am supremely flattered! I hope the rest of my outfit posts aren't a total let down now ;) ah the pressure ;p xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. @H yes the wedges are super comfy - I always wear them when i know i will either be on the move a lot or dancing as they never hurt my feet. Bargains from New Look xx

    @cosplay Thank you :) I think that bangle was from Primark of all places ... the colours in it are lovely xx

    @Caz Thank you :) those lashes are fab, i do love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you look stunning! Your skin is flawless and OMG I love that ring! Really lovely hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Stacey aw thank you, the ring is lovely isn't it? It was such a find! Thanks for your comment:) xx

    ReplyDelete