Sunday 9 January 2011

NOTD: OPI 'Not Like the Movies'

It's day 7 of my flu and I'm still feeling lousy. I'm in no fit state for more outfit posts at the moment but a nail post, that I can do.

I shoddily painted my nails in OPI's Not Like the Movies from the upcoming Katy Perry Collection as posted about previously here.

I'm sure OPI describe this is a metallic silver or such like. They certainly don't describe it as it actually is. It's more of an iridescent shade and depending on what light your in it appears a different colour. In the bottle it looks a mucky metallic silver with tinges of green but on the nails it at first appeared more purpley ... in artificial light it appeared more silver then in completely natural light it appeared green.

Here's the photographic evidence ...

In a mixture of artificial and natural lightDirectly under artificial light

Natural light

It's quite an extreme difference in colour from the first to the last photo. This polish is therefore a bit of a 3 for the price of 1 effort. This is the colour achieved from 3 coats of polish but to be honest it's the exact same result as 2 coats. I applied an extra coat since I had time and just to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything from the shade.

There is also a definite sparkle that runs through this particular shade ... not glitter, not chunky sparkle ... more like a magical sprinkle over the nail ... it isn't noticeable in the bottle at all - only when applied to the nail and it's really very pretty.

Iridescent shades are not normally my bag ... I like to pick a colour and stick with it not have it interchange dependant on conditions however, this one is growing on me. It has those kind of mucky undertones that has been trending for the past year or so but with a metallic edge.

The Katy Perry Collection comes with a cackle effect polish which I think would look pretty cool over this shade due to the colour change qualities.

x

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon hun. Me and him had the flu just before christmas, it was horrible! That is such a beautiful colour, from the first and last picture they don't look like the same polish. I don't own any OPI shades, I must invest in some. I need a good red for the end of the month xx

    ReplyDelete