Thursday 27 January 2011

Cherry Sparkle FOTD

I featured this lipstick a while back on the blog but it's one of my favourite reds for creating a glam but wearable red lip.

For this particular look I applied some balm first - think it was just a chapstick from memory - before I applied The Body Shop's Cherry Sparkle (60) lipstick which creates a sheerer and softer lip.

 This was a look I went for on a last minute night out.  My make up was applied in minutes and for the icing on the cake, I  thought Cherry Sparkle would help lift the look and transport it to disco appropriate :)

Foundation was Estee Lauder Double Wear, Illamasqua Blush in unrequited and on the eyes MAC shrrom with MAC charcoal brown in the crease ... plus lashings of mascara and MAC fluidline in black track.

Admittedly, the cherry sparkle does not last as long over a balm but it is gentler on the lips.

At the moment I am running low on mascara options.  Why do all mascaras dry up at the same time eh?  I am looking to try something new whether it be drugstore or high end ... maybe both.

I like thick, black, voluminous lashes and I am notoriously fussy about my mascara but I would love to hear any recommendations you have that I haven't already tried?

x

13 comments:

  1. I may try that lipstick as I would love a softer red - I only have a very intense MAC red which still scares me a little. As a fuller-lip lady I am only beginning to experiment with lipstick. You look gorgeous by the way!

    Carol x
    www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own a red lippie, I'm not brave enough to wear it. Have you tried Max Factor false lash effect? I love Dior Show too but it's a little pricier. You look beautiful in your picture xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so gorgeous!! I hate you!! j/k!!! that lip color looks really good on u! I wish I can pull off a red color as good as u

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look really lovely. I'm tempted to try that lipstick myself now! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I commented the last time you posted about this lipstick because it is so gorgeous on you, and also a very me colour! Thanks for reminding me about it -definitely going to buy it this weekend! I swear by Maxfactor 2000 calorie when I can't afford YSL faux cils xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are gorgeous! This lipstick looks beautful on you. Am loving your blush in this pic too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look divine Darling!
    I've heard good things about MAC's new mascara called "Falsies" which I am going to try next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been using Mac's haute and naughty mascara, and i love it. Totally looks like false lashes, gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - STUNNING picture! I am also running low on mascara - been using MAC zoom lash or something, but I'm loving the sound of this "falsies" effort... x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Carol ah i know what you mean about full on red feeling scary - i feel like ppl stare when i wear it! This is a nice wee alternative xx

    @Stacey I've been using MF false lash effect at the mo so was hoping to find something else although it's actually quite good xx

    @AnNeTtEe Ha! Aw thank you :) I bet you could pull off a red wonderfully, there is one out there to suit everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Amy Antoinette Thank you - it's a lovely shade, a wee bit drying so you will need to make sure you moisturise your lips xx

    @Sophie rosalind Thanks :) I went looking for MF 2000 calorie today but my Boots didn't have it :( will look out for it again xx

    @Emma Aw thanks - it must just be a decent photo! The blush is illamasqua unrequited, its a great blush xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Vanessa@Luxuria Ooh will keep an eye out for 'falsies' .. thanks :) xx

    @phutchison Will keep a look out for haute and naughty too - i've never worked well with MAC mascara but seems like they have a lot of newbies on offer since i last looked xx

    @Kirsty aw thank you luv! You've just reminded me i have a new zoomlash in my drawer!! Yaas! result xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I may have mentioned this before, but oh my goodness, you are stunningly beautiful. I can never find a red lipstick that I'm completely happy with. I saw the one Kelly (kelanjo19) blogged about and was going to give that one a whirl, but I like the look of this one even more. I wish I'd seen this post earlier, cause I was near a Body Shop today! I'm loving Estee Lauder's Double Wear mascara at the moment. I have trouble with mascaras giving me black rings around my eyes after a few hours, but don't like using waterproof. Double Wear is perfect for me :) x

    ReplyDelete