Monday 3 January 2011

My favourite cosmetics of 2010

My favourite's list this year is not exhaustive... this year I have probably spent the least ever on cosmetics as I tried to cut back and be realistic about what I wear.

Truth is, when i like something - i wear it to death ... so my picks are the things I have used the most over the last year and will probably continue to wear into 2011.

From left to right:

Estee lauder Extravagant Gold eye palette. I posted about this a while back and since then it's practically been the only shadows I have used. Either used together or seperately, this neutral palette has the most wearable shades. It has been perfect for my winter make up but equally amazing when I went to Egypt ... creating fabulous summery looking smokey eyes. I have also found no need to purchase the Urban Decay naked palette now I have this ...

Illamasqua Powedered Metal in Erzule - this is the newest of my picks, only purchased last week but is already a firm favourite and can't believe I have only just discovered it. I lost a bit of love for Illamasqua for a while but it is definitely back on my radar. I had always been told this was for darker skintones but I find it absolutely lovely on my paley walley skin. It is lovely both on the eye and cheeks, although a lighter hand is needed for cheeks. This is also fabulous when used with a damp brush to the eye, creating a gorgeous metallic effect. Lush.

Another Illamasqua pick is their nail varnish in Boosh. This was sent to me by the lovely Mizzworthy who knowing I had a love for the Mighty Boosh and illamasqua nail varnish ... she knew I would love it. It is a tar like polish, the blackest of black and is fully opaque after one coat. Illa really do make the best nail varnish - they are always top of my list and well worth their price.

MACs Sun & Moon mineralised blush took a while to grow on me but once it did I couldn't resist it. It came out with one of their collections, unfortunately I can't remember which one... please remind me if you know. It is a lovely bronzed effect blush with hints of burnished pink. It adds a lovely glow to a bronzed look and for me was a perfect holiday colour.

My best discovery of the year was the Shu Uemura painting liners. My particular favourite and most worn being night blue. These liners are just so smooth and flawless to apply. They don't budge or fade at all throughout the day.
Surprise favourites for 2010 is the Topshop make up range. Cream blush in Neon Rose is an absolute love of mine ... I wore it all Summer and it gave a gorgeous glow of colour to the cheeks. So much so I have now hit pan on it (first blush I have ever hit pan on) and needs replacing. The highlight in Sunbeam is another favourite. Great pigment with a lovely sheen that can be worn during the day without too much glitter or shimmer cheapening your look.

What are your favourite make up choices of 2010?
Do any of these feature on yours?

x

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to get myself a Shu Painting Liner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmetics play a key role in every woman’s life. Cosmetics give women exquisiteness. Every women are always trying to find the best ways to make them beautiful and prefect.
    bellamora

    ReplyDelete