Thursday 13 January 2011

Style Crush: Miroslava Duma

This week from my sick bed, I have been glued to the laptop to keep me company and get me through the aches and pains of flu which has now morphed into tonsilitis! Woe-is-me! :(

Anyway, while having a browse I came across a new style crush - Miroslava Duma.  I had seen this girl on some other websites and a couple of blogs in the past but had taken absolutely no notice until I got the chance to look through gallery after gallery of photos of her this week.  I have literally become obsessed.

Love this denim dress, now on the hunt for one!
Miroslava is the daughter of a Russian Senator and has made her name in the world of fashion working for the likes of Russia's Harpers Bazaar, Glamour and Tatler.  She also seems to have a bit of a cult following online so I have come to find out.  There are forums and blogs dedicated to Mira and her style.

Adore this skirt - think it's Missoni
Love the cute socks - it adds a bit of fun to the look
She manages to pull of elegant, modern with a touch of quirkiness which seems absolutely effortless.  What I love about Mira is through browsing her photo gallery she is often in the same garment more than once!! Shock horror! When do you ever see a celebrity of any kind wear the same thing to an event? Never.  It makes me think she must have a real love and passion for the clothes she chooses to wear ... and also quite down to earth for a girl who can more than likely afford to have a new outfit for everyday of the week.

Adore this Chanel dress. I thought it was a playsuit at first
Mira's style is realistic and attainable - well, apart from the designer prices attached to her clothes of course which I believe can easily be translated to the High Street.  There is nothing outrageous or over the top about her look, she looks smart without being overdone and she has casual chic down to a T.  She also pulls off sexy without having to get her bits out ... sophisticated!  She strikes the right balance with every outfit, usually using big accessories (she has an enviable collection of Hermes bags).  She also keeps hair and make up simple letting her clothes do the talking.  You could easily draw comparisons to the likes of Nicole Richie and Olivia Palermo but Mira has a bit of an edge on them.  She just seems more real and has impeccable taste. 
This coat is Be-auuuutiful!

Now when I get dressed in the morning I find myself asking ...

'What would Mira wear ...?'
x

*All images sourced from Google, www.miroslavaduma.tumblr.com and various forums.

8 comments:

  1. Right up my street...as Cheryl Cole would say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Eating Diaomonds ha, i even read that with a geordie accent ;) xx

    @meghan she is lovely isn't she! Think i am slightly obsessed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total stunner. Keep an eye out on Ebay for a denim dress. I have one very like that and it was from Warehouse xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Arlene I am actually watching one at the moment but i don't think it's quite right ... will keep an eye out in case you part with yours then ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really like her style, there's soemthing unique about it :) Thanks for posting x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and i think it's really stylish.
    I like it and so i'm following you!
    And i'd love it if you'd follow me back...

    And Miroslava...Oh my god!She is so stylish,so pretty...
    I love her!!!
    Have fun and keep having such a nice style!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post and I have to agree, she is absolutely fab so stylish without being overdone. It be great if you find high street equivelants and post that version. Loving you blog x

    ReplyDelete