Monday 17 January 2011

Making a spectacle of myself

This outfit post is actually from the weekend.  My husband and I were going for a dander round the shops (which led to some fabulous bargains being purchased) and going to my sisters house for a delicious dinner.

Remember I said that when I like something I wear it to death?  Well, heres the proof, this is the third OOTD post where I have donned my leather Miss Selfridge skirt.  It's just so comfortable, casual and versatile.

I decided to wear my geek glasses too which I have been wearing quite a lot recently.  So much so I think I will invest in a more expensive pair that look a little more chic than these plastic offerings.  Someone told me I look like an annoying T4 presenter when I wear them ... this did make me chuckle as so often we are afraid to wear what we want in case someone takes the mickey or doesn't understand our sense of style.  I took it on the chin and it's actually made me want to wear them more!

We express ourselves in how we dress, the music we listen to, our interests and hobbies and sometimes when it doesn't blend in with the rest of society, others aren't sure how to take it.  Sometimes you just have to be confident even if it's a little intimidating at first and be proud of the choices you make.  You make those choices because they express how you feel and who you are, so enjoy them.  Obviously if I looked absolutely ridiculous I would want someone to tell me but for now I am happy with my £1 plastic glasses :)

I started taking photos before I had finished all my make up and I kept changing accessories (not sure why).  I hadn't decided to wear my glasses until last minute so decided to take the photos all over again once I was done.  Make up wise I used my Michael Kors Estee Lauder eyeshadow palette which hadn't been shown much love in a while and also a new Dior lipgloss that I got for Christmas.  It's such a lovely springtime peachy colour, I will do another post about it soon.


Denim Shirt: ASOS; Faux Leather skirt: Miss Selfridge; Wedge boots: Dune; Geek Glasses: Primark(!); Navy Trenchcoat: Commes des Garcons for H&M: Bag: Vintage Gucci

In other news, I also got my hair did ... it's been re-ombred so not much change at all so nothing to show really except the ends of my hair are slightly blonder than before.  I am also waiting on a new camera arriving in the post this week, it's another digital compact ... but I still have my sights set on something a little more super duper ;)

x

11 comments:

  1. Stunning outfit :) Very chic! I have an actual pair of armani geek glasses but i havent as og yet worn them outside my apartment :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glasses - I have a Paul Smith pair very similar that have actual prescription lenses in them but they're too expensive to wear out and about so I've been thinking of getting some Ray Bans to have as my "accessory" glasses.

    Also love the denim shirt - I really want one but I'm not sure what to wear it with. Your skirt looks great but I don't really "do" skirts.

    Hmmm! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the geek glasses. I went out and got myself a pair over xmas and I love them... they make any outfit look a bit cooler. Although I need them for sight purposes : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit. I'm loving your outfit posts at the mo. More, more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those glasses were only £1?? That's amazing. Thinking of doing the ombre hair thing when I next go. Do you reckon all hairdressers know what you mean when you ask for it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LIKE the glasses. I was just saying I don't have the balls to try glasses for glasses sake cos I worry folk will think I look like a twat (oops - there goes dropping the bad language as a New Year's resolution...) but whenever I see them on people they look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Carlinn ooh armani ones will be nice, wear them out bet they look great on! xx

    @eating diamonds I was eyeing up some Tom Ford ones the other day but sure enough they were a fortune - still tempted though. Re denim shirt, I usually wear mine with leggings, it's rare i wear it with a skirt xx

    @London Beauty Queen yeah i think they add a little bit of cool to any outfit - easy way to change up the look xx

    @Rani Why thank you miss cupcake ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vexinthecity aw thank you! i will keep them up for sure, it helps me make the most of what's in my wardrobe xx

    @WeShop yup, bargaintastic huh?! Oooh ombre, i have heard some hairdressers be absolutely clueless to it so might be best to have a pic or if all else fails give mine a call .. its Stacie at Absolute hair on Sauchiehall Street xx

    @Llara know exactly what you mean and I always felt the same but i've got to that stage i'm over worrying what people think ... what if i happen to think they look like a twat? i'll just stare right back at 'em! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wee skirt. It's made me remember to dig out my Wolford Satin de Luxe tights. Not sure if your aware of these fabulous bad boys but I highly recommend them (if you don't already have a pair). They are a real investment. I used to work for Wolford in London and was a little unsure of them at first mainly because they are so shiney but I succumbed and got a pair. They are not woven like normal tights are but thick opaque shiney soft fabric and stitched up the back (hence the back seam). Every time I wear them I always get a compliment. A woman stopped me on the London underground and asked me what they were *shocker*. Anyhoo, I recommend them with black patent heels. Check em out and lemme know what you think. Lots of love Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Bev Mann yes I like Wolford tights but don't own any at the mo, I have been living off primark and M&S cheapies for the past while, should invest in another pair before spring arrives xx

    ReplyDelete