Monday 10 January 2011

Anti-ageing with Charlotte & Co

When I received an email in my inbox proclaiming the anti-ageing properties of silk bedding I was more than a little doubtful.

I have always associated silk bedding with the 1980's, yuppies or sleazy men with bad perms on a mission to seduce - think Quagmyre from Family Guy ... giggity giggity!

Swiftly moving on ... I was sent some silk pillows from Charlotte & Co an online retailer for luxury home goods. I was so sceptical of their claims that I left the pillows unloved for quite a long time. In fact, nearly a year if i'm honest.

I have now been using the pillowcases for the past few months. You get 2 in a pack so one for husband too. Where anti-ageing is concerned ... I don't notice myself looking younger since using the pillows but I no longer wake up with pillow marks on my face and the silk satin is so much softer on my skin.

In fact this week, the silk pillow cases went in the wash so we had to make do with our ordinary cotton pillow cases. That's when the revelation really kicked in. I was uncomfortable, the material rubbed on my skin, it was too hot ....

Needless to say I now see the benefit in the silk satin cases. They let your skin breathe keeping your face cool through the night , they are smooth against your skin leaving no marks and just being altogether that little bit more comfortable.

Of course, I would never have imagined any of this had I not tried it for myself. My husband loves his silk pillowcase too so I am off to buy more and we are even toying with the idea of a full set of silk bedding.

Charlotte & Co
have some items on sale just now which is another reason I am getting in there quick to buy some more. They also sell sleeping masks which I think would be beneficial as it would much softer and smoother against the sensitive eye area.

Silk bedding ... I tell ya, it's the way forward in beauty! ;)

Who else uses silk bedding? Am I slow on jumping on this beauty tip?

x

6 comments:

  1. They look lovely. I've heard silk pillows are good for your hair too - have you noticed a difference at all?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! very funny, i got given some from charlotte co for christmas and wasn't sure what to think. but, too right! am completely obsessed with them now. am heading off to maldives next week and am planning to take my silk pillow case with. just can't go back to cotton, my skin won't have it.
    Arabella x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always used to think silk beddding was sleazy too- until I realised that Blair from Gossip Girl has silk bedding and I thought hey you know if Blair has it, it must be classy right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Emma Yeah that's right they are meant to be good for hair too ... i do notice i don't wake up with the usual messy bedhead - its a lot smoother xx

    @Anonymous my husband takes his with him too!! I might have to start doing the same xx

    @Sarah Ah i don't watch GG but I know Blair is supposed to be pretty stylish so thumbs up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silk bedding's meant to reduce the friction to it's not pulling your skin about, so less wrinkles - I guess they're more preventative than anything else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete