Sunday 30 January 2011

The extravagance of fur and red lipstick

My Saturday was spent recovering and reminiscing from the night before when my husband and I went to see one of favourite ever DJ's Laurent Garnier.  Fortunately for us we were still feeling relatively fresh the next day and made it out to lunch with friends.  We went to a Brazilian restaurant in town called Tropeiro for a real meat feast and left stuffed and practically rolling home. 

For some reason I keep insisting on dressing for spring.  When I look outside, it looks fairly mild and I see no frost, snow or rain ... so surely it can't be that cold?  WRONG! It's blimmin' freezing out there and I never know until it's too late and there's no going back to change into something warmer.  Thankfully we had the car today but I really need to keep in mind that winter is still well and truly with us.

Trousers:H&M; Striped top: H&M; Leather jacket: Zara; Faux fur stole: H&M; Wedge shoe boots: Dune; Belt: Massimo Dutti
In my last post I wore my fur stole and hat to glam up an otherwise drab outfit.  This time the outfit was fine but I wanted to change up the look of my leather jacket as it has studded shoulder detail.  I decided to wear my stole over it to hide the studs and went for a bright red lip just to make things a bit more interesting.

I played up on my rings today with my Vivienne Westwood skull ring, Ydeltuyt armour ring and my Thailand silver filigree style ring.


 The red lippie of choice was Estee Lauder's Extravagant Ruby.  A true red lipstick that emulates the glamour of a 50's pin up girl.  I have a drawer full of red lipstick, all slightly different from the other and all equally as loved as the next.




This is definitely my favourite for retro appeal ... it came out with Lauder's Christmas Collection and has a gorgeous gold glitter coating around the lipstick but doesn't transfer to the lip (kinda wish it did!).

In other news I bought a fantastic new lipstick this week that I just HAVE to share with you all so there will be a blogpost coming soon! 

x

20 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I love your hair colour, by the way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how you can look this gorgeous after a night at the arches I'll never know - I was at ABC last night and still haven't got out my jammies! ;) hotstuff lady!
    a x
    www.girlinthecityglasgow

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely outfit!
    I've been wanting to wear a similar ensemble for a while now, i bought a pair of peg leg cropped trousers from zara in the middle of last september and only got a couple of days wear out of them before it became baltic in nottingham!

    love your blog :) I've been a follower for a while now but haven't commented so far!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! you look so chic :) We arrived back in Malta today to a mild 15degrees so thank goodness no more of the cold london weather for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look absolutely gorgeous!! i love your hair colour too :)

    lilaloves.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the trousers and shoes.

    Can I just say your flat looks interesting, those doors intrigue me ha ha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous outfit!! Have a pair of trousers like those in navy but haven't worn them yet as cant quite work out the right shoes to wear - you have inspired me to start wearing!!! Can I ask what foundation you use - your skin always looks so glowy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fur collar :)
    The lipstick looks lush too!
    You have a new follower ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the trousers and fur! great colour combo aswell :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fur stole and that armour ring is gorgeous, I just checked the website but it's out of stock, gutted, I woulda bought it too xx you look lovely as usual hun x

    http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElove the outfit. love the lipstick. me want it now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Adele Thanks Adele xx

    @girlinthecityg I had a fairly tame night for the arches to be fair ... i'm just getting too old for it :( xx

    @lauraaloves Hi Laura, thanks so much for commenting :) it was definitely too cold for me to be wearing these trousers lol xx

    @Carlinn thank you :) Hope you had a great time in London despite the cold ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lila Loves thanks Lila xx

    @Music Fashion Clutter ha ha ... what is behind those doors??!! .. usually an absolute mess ha xx

    @Av thanks Av :) the foundation i hve been wearing in nearly all my ootd pics is Rituals precious foundation - it's really lovely on the skin. My favourite of the moment xx

    @Sophie Isobel Hi, thanks so much for following and commenting, hope to see you around on here :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. @TaMii thanks :) xx

    @Stacey ugh thats such a shame about the armour ring :( Keep checking the website, I know they get more stock in regularly - just need to be fast ;) xx

    @MissCatherine Thanks ;) lipstick is so lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. [url=http://isabelonlines.mywapblog.com/isabel-marant-acheter-baskets.xhtml]etoile isabel marant online[/url]|[url=]claudie pierlot[/url]|[url=]basket compensée isabel marant[/url]

    http://isabelmarant01.webnode.fr/isabelle-marant-chaussures-sont-populaires-parce/
    http://isabellemarant.hpage.com/
    http://isabellemarrant.blogsky.com/1391/12/09/post-5/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete