Sunday 2 January 2011

There is special providence in the fall of a sparrow

New Year was brought in at a friends club night - Compact Disco at the Black Sparrow. Great night, great tunes, great company ... and a very very sore head and poor memory the next day.

As one of the many changes I would like to make to my blog this year ... Outfit posts are one of the main things I want to introduce. What better way to start than to show you my New Year get up. In keeping with a bird theme I went for full on feathers ... and of course as mentioned in a previous post ... my love for leather is still going strong. Feather and Leather. Nice ring to it.
Feather cape: ASOS; Black Boob tube: Topshop; Leather trousers: River Island; Moc Croc bag: Mango; Wedge heels: New Look

I went with the comfiest shoes I could find as it was a night of dancing, fun and frolics ... normally I would have gone for a long skinny heel with these trousers.
Accessories were kept low key as the feather cape was the statement piece of the outfit.
Bauble bracelet: Mango; Friendship bracelet: Links of London; Rolex: FAKE; Bling Ring: Marc Jacobs

Make up was quite bronzed using Illamasqua powdered metal in Erzule on cheeks and eyes. I used MACs Deep Truth (gorgeous dark blue/navy) underneath the eye and lined with Shu Uemura painting liner in night blue, using the Kimberley Walsh festival lashes by eyelure to finish off (I cut off the end feathers from the lashes to suit).

Lips were simply glossed using Estee Lauder extravagant ruby. I used Mac's sun moon and stars as a blush and cream colour base in Pearl to highlight the inner corner of the eye.

My finished look was statement while remaining comfortable enough for a night of fun twinkling my toes on the dancefloor.

How did everyone else spend Hogmanay?

x

12 comments:

  1. Wow you look fantastic and have a gorgeous figure. I love how you wore your hair too. My new year was the quietest ever, just me, my boyfriend and the baby at home x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emx thank you so much - my figure is deceiving, it needs A LOT of work to get it back in shape ... Happy New Year to you and your new wee family :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo love the feathers! Saw that on ASOS a while back and really want one still but wondering when I will wear it...would you ever wear it casually or not? Lovely eye make-up too hun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lashes - my favourites are normally the Kimberly original lashes. If you like Urban Decay enter my Book of Shadows 3 giveaway!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning hun really like the feather cape. Happy new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey you were fabulous for new years!! I have not seen anyone that looked as good as you. I love how your lashes mimic your feathered cape..beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow K, you look fabulous! absolutely gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning outfit, love the feather cape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that look and look forward to more outfit posts as I love your style x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous make-up and loving the feathers xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw thanks for all your lovely comments really appreciate them :) xx

    @fashionteller I don't think I could wear casually to go to the shops per se but definitely dressed down a bit with jeans and a vest maybe out for drinks or dinner xx

    ReplyDelete