Wednesday 19 January 2011

Keep Calm ...

Today I got some news that should have excited me more than it did.

I'm a bridesmaid for my sister in law in 2 months time and she called to let me know the bridesmaids dresses had arrived ... first fitting is next week.  At this very moment i'm sure the colour drained from my face and my little ticker slowed down almost to a stop.

You see, I promised myself i'd lose at least another 14lbs before the wedding ... preferably before my first dress fitting.  Has this happened?  Well .... No.

I have got back into a habit of eating what I want, when I want and being truly good to myself on the chocolate treat front.  To be fair, I haven't put any weight on since my 14lb weight loss last year which is very positive but it doesn't avoid the fact that I have been in complete denial about the extra weight I need/want to lose.

Sourced from weheartit.com
I have now set myself a challenge - to lose 5lbs by next week.  Pretty unrealistic, right?  I know it probably won't happen but if I can at least keep it in my mind every time I go to reach for a creme egg )which seems to be on sale at the front desk of every shop I go to at the mo) then it may keep my grubby mits off them.  For goodness sake people, Easter is ages away!! Tut.

So, a return to my celebrity slim and increase in protein and healthy foods as well as exercise will be the way forward.  Even if I only lose 1lb I will be happy I have achieved some loss and will need to keep it up over the next 8 weeks in the hope that my creme egg booty doesn't end up waddling down the aisle!!

Wish me luck!

x

4 comments:

  1. ah good luck lovely, hope you manage it, or as you say, at least acheive a weight loss.

    Its weird how much women rely on whats on the scales to determine how happy they are with themselves isn't it? Thats not a dig, I'm the worlds worst culprit!

    You look gorgeous as you are, but if it makes you happier then I say go for it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @laurielizabeth I know what you mean although my weight loss is to get me back in the healthy weight bracket - at the moment i'm not! Like my chocolate a little bit too much lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a creme egg lover too hun and since Christmas haven't managed to stay away from ANY chocolate! lol. I think you look lovely as you are but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! Keep us posted with how you're getting on xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Stacey i just have to read the words creme egg and it has me salivating lol! I will def keep you all posted xx

    ReplyDelete