Saturday 29 January 2011

From drab to glam in minutes ...

This outfit was from last weekend ... I had been on a driving lesson where I simply dress for comfort.  Leggings, long top, cardi and flat boots.

I was going out straight after and not much time to change but I wasn't too keen on the drab get up I was wearing.  That's when it's time to hit the accessories.  I went with my absolute wardrobe glam staple my H&M fur stole and a new purchase from last week - a floppy hat.

Leggings: Stradivarius; Boots: New Look; Long top and cardi with belt: H&M; Fur Stole: H&M; Bag: Vintage Gucci; Hat: Tk Maxx
 The floppy hat was a complete bargain from TK Maxx in their sale.  For a grand total of £5 I walked away with this beautiful dove grey seventies style hat with leather bow detailing.
I wear the bow at the back
Of course, I don't ALWAYS feel the need to glam it up but it this was such an easy way to lift the glum appearance of what I was wearing ... and it always helps on a bad hair day to be able to cover it up stylishly.  I'm looking forward to Spring when I can whip out the headscarves again but in the meantime I'm keeping my noggin nice and cosy.

What do you do to dress up a plain outfit?  Do you have fail safe accessories to brighten up your look?

x

6 comments:

  1. I love PAMELAS ! your hat )(
    xoxo
    G

    www.littlemissrosebow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that hat and you pull it off perfectly. I love hats but not sure I can work a 70s style floppy hat - may try it out on my summer holidays.

    Carol x
    www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking classy, I love the look and you so suit this hat! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab! I spotted that hat in my local TK Maxx for 50p on Friday... wishing I'd got it now...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @georgia thank you xx

    @Carol I bet you can so work a hat like this xx

    @Music Fashion Clutter thank you! im loving this hat so much just now xx

    @LoubouLush 50p?! AMAZING! NOw i feel like I have been robbed ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat!!

    winterchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete