Saturday 22 January 2011

Jail Bird

Fridays in my office are dress down day or casual Friday as some may know it.  I tend to not dress up for work on a Friday as I start so early I like to just roll out of bed and onto the train (I happen to live 2 seconds from the train station).  I also don't work in the most fashion forward of organisations, best way I can describe it is that it's very 'old school'.  Of course that's not to say there aren't some very stylish and utterly delectable hot young thangs that I work with - you know who you are ;)

So on a Friday I usually opt for something a little boring or on the plain side, mostly to avoid odd looks, comments or intense questioning over my choice of attire.

Friday past, I decided to wear a new top to work since I had to go into town straight after for an eye test.  I bought it in COS last week in the dregs of their sale ... which might I add still happens to have some amazing stuff on offer.  I like the leather look stripe detailing on this top, it makes it a little more edgy than casual and means it would look equally fabulous dressed up.

For this very reason I also kept this top on to go to the IMAX cinema to see Tron in 3D later in the evening.  Tron, which I loved by the way - mostly for nostalgic reasons - and couldn't help beaming cheek to cheek when Daft Punk appeared on the screen in their cameo role.  Love Daft Punk and love the soundtrack to this movie.

Top:COS; Jeans: Primark; Wedge Boots: Dune
I teamed my COS top with a very kicked in and tired looking pair of black skinnies from Primark.  These jeans look fabulous when new but with any pair of jeans you buy for £8 the quality is never going to be good enough to keep them looking pristine for long.  In saying that I have had these for ages and I wear them a lot.

I stuck to my Dune wedge boots which I am getting a lot of wear out of since I bought them... although I can't wait until the weather perks up so I can wear some of my nicer and brighter shoes.

I accessorised the top with my Links of London friendship bracelet, my new braid bracelet, braided cord bracelet and my fabulous armour ring from Ydeltuyt.  The armour ring is amazing and I think it looks a lot more expensive than it's price tag.  I blogged about Ydeltuyt not long ago here, but I am still obsessing over most things on the website and I am waiting until payday to get more of the chain bracelets as they are fantastic.

Hair was quiffed pretty high i must say.  I actually rolled my hair under like it had been set in a roller ... a little bit 1950s style.  My husband couldn't stop staring at it all night ... it was my 'Something about Mary' moment ;)

What do you wear on Casual Friday?

x

4 comments:

  1. That top is fabulous! I feel like I'm starting to notice COS stuff around more and more recently...

    We don't haver dress down days since every day is casual Friday when you're a high-flying SUBTITLER/STUDENT. I actually kinda yern for a "dress up Friday" situation... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you - it was actually my husband that picked it out - i hadnt even noticed it(oh the shame). I blimmin love COS ... and since there's only 1 store in Glasgow so far you are more likely to be wearing something different from everyone else. reeeeee-sult! :)

    If and when you ever need to dress up for work - the novelty will wear off fast, trust me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top is stunning, the blue color really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Carlinn thank you - i do like to wear this colour - it's lovely and vibrant xx

    ReplyDelete